Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tiger Magic Thermal Cooker


I received this as a gift from my mom when I was living by myself in graduate school. I have been using this for nine years now. I love this thing.

How it works: Boil the content in the inner pot, then remove from heat and place in the outer pot. Close lid and your food is done in a few hours. It requires no heat in the second phase! It retains the heat from the first phase and uses it to slow cook the content in the inner pot. I love that it saves energy. I can go to sleep or go out and not worry about something catching on fire.

Function: This is good for food that you have to slow cook, like stews, soups, stocks, congees...etc. I even make mashed potatoes in this thing.

Disadvantages: The heat dies off slowly over time. You're not suppose to use this thing for over six to eight hours since bacteria can start growing in the food. It is expensive, but I see it as an investment. You save the environment and your energy bill over time.

Overall, I am impressed with the durability and versatility of this product. It is definitely a must-have in my kitchen. I make most of my soups in this thing. I can't live without this in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment